TV Viewing Distance Calculator
Various choices for 4K TV models are available in market now; most of the top manufacturers have launched their big screen TV in late 2014 as well as with beginning of 2015. You can buy any size from market that suits your room best but with such large screen models you have to take care of viewing distance. Before buying any of the latest 4K TV model for your home it is good to work with some suitable calculator that will help you to predict the actual science behind size and distance of TV.
- If viewing distance is kept very small it causes problem of pixilation and if too far you will suffer with loss of details.
- If TV size is too large, pixilations creates a problem but for too small details are not distributed properly.
- If resolution of material is too low again pixilation occurs and for very high one, motion sickness will be observed.
|Screen||Viewing distance range|
- It helps to calculate the number of pixels per inch for 1080p, 480p as well as 4K depending upon screen size.
- Calculate maximum resolution according to your vision on the basis of display distance.
- Provides information about ideal distance that can generate perfect pixel scaling for 4K display with reference to your viewing distance.
- It effectively compares change of resolution when you shift from 1080p to 4K on the basis of size of screen and your viewing distance.
For 20” to 25” screen size, it is good to sit at a distance of 4 feet (1.2 meters) whereas for 30” to 35” TV you will perceive good picture details from a viewing distance of 4 to 6 feet (1.2 to 1.8 meters). With 40” to 45” HDTV it is good to sit at a distance of 6 to 8 feet (1.8 to 2.4) meters and for 50” to 60” Screen size preferred viewing distance is 6.5 to 11 feet (2 to 3.5 meters). 70 inch TV will provide good picture details at 12 to 14 feet (3.7 to 4 meters) distance and above all, you have quite flexible distance range as for example 90” TV can be perfectly viewed from a distance ranging between 11 to 17 feet (3.5 to 5 meters). This analysis can be easily predicted from TV screen size and distance calculator with easy comparison between values. One side of calculator chart will represent distance in meters as well as centimeters whereas other will make respective analysis over screen size. This detail can be similarly obtained for 480p, 720p as well as 4K TV models. According to these calculations, 4K resolution of an 85 inches TV screen demands viewing distance of 5.5 feet to provide complete picture details and in case of 55 inch TV screen you are able to view perfect image from 3.5 feet distance. This analysis can be better depicted using images and graphs that calculator represents with its easy to understand format. So if you are thinking to buy latest model of TV for your house to create home theater arrangement for your family, surely you have huge option from top manufacturers like Samsung, LG, and Vizio etc. All of them have launched most advanced TV series recently with the beginning of year 2015. Make your distance and screen size calculation using perfect calculator and make decisions for your TV set that suits your budget in best possible manner.